7N 8D (2N Cherrapunji + 3N Shillong + 2N Kaziranga)
Scenic Himalayas (Deluxe)
Take a short trip to explore Cherrapunji, Shillong, & Kaziranga to enjoy their unique culture and cuisine.
Pickup from Guwahat airport/ rly station & transfer to Cherrapunjee, which experience the 2nd heaviest rainfall in the world. Cherapunjee is also famous for the beautiful landscape. Cherrapunji, currently the historical name Sohra is more commonly used; alternative spellings are Cherrapunjee and Charrapunji), is a subdivisional town in the East Khasi Hills district in the Indian state of Meghalaya. It is credited as being the wettest place on Earth. Check in at hotel, overnight stay at Cherrapunjee.
After breakfast, proceed to Cherrapunjee sightseeing, scenic circular route covering:
- Mawsmai caves, situated around 6 Kms from Cherrapunjee, these limestone caves have the distinction of being the only caves in Meghalaya that are lit enough to enable people to enjoy the natural formations inside. Though the caves are long, only a distance of 150 meters is open for tourists, while the rest is closed. The stalactites and stalagmites in the caves come in innumerable forms, shapes and sizes. This magnificent natural wonder has been created by years of natural abrasion and flowing underground water.
2. Seven Sisters Fall, plunging down aheight of 1,035 ft, theNohsngithiang Fall is the fourth highest waterfall in India. This fall is located a few kilometres from Cherrapunjee. The fall derives its name from the seven streams that flow down the plateau. This waterfall is also known as Seven Sister Fall or Mawsmai Fall, the latter being the name of the village – a must see during the monsoons, when the streams are inundated with water and flow down rapidly forming a perennial rainbow.
- Nohkalikai Fall
- Dainthlen Fall
The Living Root bridges(Umkar Root Bridge) are made from the roots of the Ficus elastica tree, which produces a series of secondary roots that are perched atop huge boulders along the streams or the riverbanks to form bridges.
The living root bridges, some of which are over a hundred feet long, take ten to fifteen years to become fully functional, but they’re extraordinarily strong – strong enough that some of them can support the weight of fifty or more people at a time. The bridges are alive and still growing and gain strength over time.
Back to the hotel by evening. Overnight stay at Cherrapunjee.
After breakfast drive to Dawki, The small border town of Dawki in the West Jaintia Hills has the famous river Umngot which is a major tourist destination in Meghalaya. Dawki lies between India and Bangladesh and is the trade hub between the two countries. This small city is also famous for its famous Umngot river and a beautiful bridge.
BOATING CHARGES ON DIRECT PAYMENT AT DAWKI RIVER People flock to the city to enjoy a boat ride in the Umngot river, and view of the nearby sights. During the spring season the tourist activities can be widely seen. A boat riding competition is hosted. The cold water, beautiful suspension brides and the surrounding greenery make it a worth visit.
Then to Mawlennlyong– said to be the cleanest village in Asia. Visit the sky view point- a maze of bamboo pathways which takes you above the tree tops to get a clear view of the Bangladesh plains. Mawlynnong is a village in the East Khasi Hills district of the Meghalaya state, India. It is famous for its cleanliness and natural attraction. Mawlynnong was awarded the prestigious tag of ‘Cleanest Village in Asia’ in 2003 by Discover India Magazine.
After lunch, proceed to Shillong & overnight stay at Shillong.
Shillong, this is the capital and hill station of Meghalaya, also known as “The Abode of Clouds”, one of the smallest states in India. It is the headquarters of the East Khasi Hills district and is situated at an average altitude of 4,908 feet (1,496 m) above sea level, with the highest point being Shillong Peak at 6,449 feet (1,966 m). Shillong is the 330th most populous city in India with population of 143,007 according to the 2011 census. It is said that the rolling hills around the town reminded the European settlers of Scotland. Hence, they would also refer to it as the “Scotland of the East”.
Local sight seeing in and around Shillong –DBCIC, The Don Bosco Museum of Indigenous Cultures at DBCIC (Don Bosco Centre for Indigenous Cultures) is Asia’s largest Museum of Indigenous Cultures of its kind. In it the visitor can have an overview of the whole of North East India. Rising into Shillong’s skyline the Museum is a seven storey building with 17 well laid out Galleries of international standard containing artefacts, paintings, fibreglass figures – all a feast to the eyes and a source of knowledge. The topmost Gallery is where the visitors can relax and enjoy some of the rare dances of the North East. The Museum is indeed a surprise to visitors both from India and from abroad. Its best publicity are the visitors themselves who come to see it.
Wards Lake, One of the most popular attractions of Shillong, Ward’s lake is a must-visit place when in this pristine north-eastern city. Also known as Pollock’s Lake, this artificial water body is encircled by an extensive lush garden and lies in the middle of the city. Take a walk around this horse-shoe shaped lake on the cobble-stone path or simply admire the colorful floral beds in the garden. It is equally popular amidst locals, family vacationers and honeymooning couples, as a picnic spot.
Don Bosco Church, Police Bazaar for shopping. Overnight in Shillong.
After breakfast drive to Mawsynram which is a village in the East Khasi Hills district of Meghalaya state in north-eastern India, 65 kilometres from Shillong. It is reportedly the wettest place on Earth, with an average annual rainfall of 11,872 millimetres (467.4 in). Visit the Shivling inside the cave & Onwards to Shillong & overnight stay at Shillong.
Morning after breakfast depart for Kaziranga National park– a world heritage site, the park hosts two-thirds of the world’s Great One-horned rhinoceros. Kaziranga also boasts the highest density of tigers among the protected areas in the world and was declared a Tiger Reserve in 2006. Though sighting of tigers are difficult because of the tall grasses that provide excellent camouflage, their presence can be felt everywhere by way of pug marks, kills and territorial markings. The park is home to large breeding populations of elephants, wild water buffalo and swamp deer. Arrive at hotel. Overnight stay at Kaziranga.
Early morning at 5am, do the Elephant Safari for an hour. Back to the resort/hotel for breakfast.
After breakfast do Jeep Safari to the Eastern Range & after lunch Jeep Safari to the Western Range of Kaziranga National Park. Overnight stay at Kaziranga.
Morning transfer to Guwahati ….. en-route visit to The Kamakhya Temple … Onwards drop to Guwahati airport to take evening flight.
SHILLONG: Hotel Sapphire
Address: HVFM+V2J, Keating Rd, Secretariat Hills, Shillong, Meghalaya 793001
KAZIRANGA: Summit Green Village Resort & Spa
Address: H29V+FWW, Assam Trunk Rd Deusur Sang, Jakhalabandha, Assam 782136
Upto 6 Heads
Toyota Innova / Mahindra Xylo
For Larger Groups
- Meet and Greet by our representatives on arrival at Guwahati Airport
- Accommodation in the above mentioned hotels in CP plan
- Private Vehicle for transfers, Non Disposal
- Transportation using Private vehicle as per the itinerary above, inclusive of fuel, parking Toll Driver allowance.
- Complimentary Airport Pick up & Drop
- 24 hour on call assistance during your stay
- Air/train ticket, Room service.
- Any meal expenses other than Breakfast.
- Telephone calls, laundry, camera charges any portage at airports and hotels.
- Tips, insurance, wine, mineral water, telephone charges.
- Any services not specifically mentioned in the inclusions
- Additional usage of vehicle
- GST 5%
Scenic Himalayas (Deluxe)
7N 8D (2N Cherrapunji + 3N Shillong + 2N Kaziranga )
- – Daily Breakfast
- – Deluxe Hotels
- – All sightseeing and transfer by private vehicle
Price per Adult: INR 33232 (Minimum 2 Heads)
Price per Child above 5Years: INR 16616
OTHER SIMILAR PACKAGES
4 Night 5 Days Budget Meghalaya Tour
2 Night 3 Days Budget Meghalaya Tour
SHORT BREAK TOUR TO MEGHALAYA & KAZIRANGA
Sublime North East (With Deluxe Hotels)
North-East Journey (With Deluxe Hotels)
Exotic Himalayas (With Deluxe Hotels)
Wild Himalayas (With Deluxe Hotels)
Mist of the Hills (With Deluxe Hotels)
3 States (With Deluxe Hotels)
- If Cancelled:
- Within 7Days prior to travel Date: No Refund
- Between 16 to 30 Days: 25% Retention
- Before 30 Days: 10% Retention
- If No-Show: No Refund
- If Journey date is:
- Within 7Days prior to travel Date: 100% Payment
- Between 8 to 15 Days: 50% Payment Required
- Before 16 Days: 30% Payment Required
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Above rates are subject to availability.
- Cancellation charges as per company policy.
- In case we are not able to provide the same hotels as mentioned, then we shall provide similar alternate properties, change in the cost if any will be advised.
- Minimum 2 persons are required for availing Package Tour.
- Tour itinerary shall be shuffled as per the availability of the timings & holidays of tourist spots.
- We are not responsibility if any natural calamities.
- Any other activities or purchase of refreshments by guests will be at their own cost